Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reminders

I got up early this morning & went to seminary! Sister Smith asked me to tell that students about my mission. How I decided to go & what I gained from it. It was a HUGE blessing to be able to once again reflect & bare my testimony.

I went to work today. This wasn't the first time I went to work since I've been back but it is the first time that anything of consequence happened while I was there; or at least while I was traveling home.

The first thing that happened was, we were all sitting there minding our own business while the water aerobics class was going on and one of the guards runs back & telling us that a cop pulled his gun outside. What?! So of  course we all went to see. Weeelll we really didn't see all that much. Just the cop arresting some punk. But I walked back to my seat laughing because it just reminded me of how scary the cops are here and how un-scary the cops are in the UK. hehe

Then I started walking home. And all throughout the park there are young kids & not so young kids all playing football aka soccer. My mind was blown for a little while & in my head I was like "Wait...isn't this America? Shouldn't they all be playing baseball?" Yes they should but I decided to just relish in the fact that it looked like my home. Well the one on the other side of the world at least.


Playing football in the rain with the Elders


So I kept walking because I'm no good at football and I was really hungry. So I'm walking down the street minding my own business & BAM I see some hydrangeas. Now that's kinda silly don't you think? To notices some silly flowers. Well not when like everyone that lives in Scotland & Ireland has them & you've spent countless hours staring at them & trying to count how many different hues of purple/blue/pink they can be while tracting.

Why is any of this important? They are all just silly little things. But they remind me that Heavenly Father is aware of me. He is watching me & taking care of me. He loves me & knows my concerns & fears. All these little things about my mission remind me of the big things; like how He took care of everything when it felt like nothing was within my power to control. It reminds me that He is still in control & is still taking care of everything even though nothing is in my control. I'm so glad that He's taking care of my life. Whenever I try to take care of it it just turns into a big mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment