Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First Weekend

Well hello there everyone. So I am a little late at starting this blog...I wanted to start it with "Day One" of being an RM but with all the family and things it didn't get done so you're going to have to be satisfied with the "First Weekend"

And what an amazing weekend it has been. It started out of course at the airport where all my family were waiting for me! Everyone was crying (well just Mom & Dad & Me really) and I got to hug my brother, Matthew, for the first time in nearly three years. And I was able to meet little Sadie Rae (my niece) for the first time ever. It was a happy reunion & TOTALLY worth the 20 hours of travel that I had to do to get there! That night my Aunt Judy & Uncle Jonathon came to surprise me!

For the rest of the weekend we basically just hung out at home. We played lots of games (you'll being to see that this is a HUGE tradition in my family...playing games that is. Its like ALL we do!)

We were able to go to the Los Angeles Temple as a family & two miracles occurred. #1: I was the ONLY one who got to do the temple work for a sister from England...I know its not technically my mission but its close enough for me. #2: After the secession we were able to do some sealings and one of the first neams that was read was "Griffiths". To me it was just a little tender mercy from my Heavenly Father.

Saturday my parents threw a Homecoming Party for me & that was a lot of fun. I realized that I really am awkward!! I really didn't know what to say to anyone after the initial "How was your mission?"

And last but not least I got to Skype one of my best friends/ former roommate Kris Ward! It was SOOOO good to talk to her  & see her again! This is seriously the BEST part about being home...getting to see & talk to all the people that I missed! It makes me excited to get to heaven where I can be with EVERYONE  that I love!

<3 Becca Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment