Friday, May 25, 2012

First Date!

So last night I had my first date since returning from my mission! The church is putting on a California wide YSA Conference this summer in August and as part of the conference they are having a bunch of summer activities for us; including three temple nights! 

So Derek Smith took me to dinner & then the temple for the YSA night! It was SUPER fun to spend time with my friend & to talk about our missions & such! Of course it felt a little awkward. The first time alone with a boy in a year & a half...kinda scary! But things went well...mostly because we are both RM's and we pretty much talked about our missions the whole time! If it had been anyone else I might've died of fright & awkwardness! 

We went to Wahoo's Fish Tacos! YUM! Well before that we got stuck in traffic on the 405 & then missed our exit because we were stuck in the car pool lane & then were slightly lost because the GPS took us to a different Wahoo's. Good times! :)

And then of course the temple was amazing! It was Derek's first time at LA temple & the biggest secession I've ever been too! It was really neat! And the Spirit was very strong. I love it there in the temple. So many things to learn & experience & feel! Mostly I just love that Heavenly Father loves us enough to give us temples. On my mission I met lots of Born-Again Christians. Don't get me wrong I love them & so does Heavenly Father, but I just don't really get their logic. Anyway near the end of my mission I met a lovely Born-Again couple & I think they are from the States but I could be too sure. But we got talking to them & I just kept getting the feeling that all they thought of God was that He was God & in charge. While that is true He is sooo much more then God! He is our Father!And He loves us with a PERFECT love! I kept trying to bare testimony that we can change & that we can become better through the Atonement of Jesus Christ but they didn't understand how God could want us to become like Him! SO I am grateful for the knowledge that the Heavenly Father WANTS  me to become like Him and for giving us temples which are one of the things (probably the greatest thing) that helps us to become like Him. 

So...do I still sound like a missionary? ;)

<3 Sister Becca Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment