Thursday, May 10, 2012

Loser Like Me

Oh what a day. Do you know how exhausting it is to type you address, phone number & all your previous employers like a billion times? Well...not a billion times but it sure felt like it. Anyway I'm sure that it will pay off when I get a job.

Lets see...that is pretty much all that I did today; fill out applications online that is.

Tonight my brother & I met the YSA at the institute to head up to the temple to do baptisms for the dead (http://mormon.org/faq/baptism-for-the-dead/#answers). The temple of course was AMAZING! It always is. It was especially cool for me b/c I was able to help out since I am endowed now.

I had a special experience. Before we actually got to the temple I was feeling a little down. We got to the institute & we sat there...barely anyone said a word to us. I decided that I was in fact a loser. (A word & status I currently dread because I've been trying to catch up on some Glee). I kept feeling that way as two guys hopped in the car with us & I could think of NOTHING to "small talk" about except for missions since one just got back about 3 months ago & one just got his call to Chile. And I kept feeling that way as the young, flirty, trendy, super hot 18 year old girls looked at me with eyes of pity when we arrived at the temple & finally introduced themselves.

Well I kept feeling this way for a little while as I got changed into my white dress & started to help out the temple workers. But then there was this girl...she had been baptized in November, engaged in April, & it was her first time coming to the temple. I was able to talk to her. I mean of course I was "Sister Fisher" came back to life for a little while. But then I was able to talk to the other girls...mostly still about my mission but it felt different then it has the past week. More like a real conversation instead of an interview. And then like the snap of a finger my confidence was back. And I realized that I am not a loser. Well maybe I am but hey i am TOTALLY okay with that! We've all got a little loser in us don't we?! Whats more I LOVE  the person I have become because of my mission and I am NOT going back. And I know that it was Heavenly Father who taught me, well reminded me really, of that tonight.

Soooo I know that probably no one REALLY thinks I'm a loser...but I'm not stupid, I used to make fun of the Awkward RM's as well. So this song is for all those people out there who might think that I am loser.


No comments:

Post a Comment