Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Andventure

I should be sleeping; but I've been trapped in the world of Hunger Games all day & the need to see how the series ends was greater then the need to sleep. I am addicted to them. It feels oddly like a relief to be so captivated by something so simple as books again. I'm sure lots of people think like this but I see everything in my head like my own personal movie. Because of this its extremely easy for me to get lost in my own little world...or a world that someone else makes up for me. I paint myself into the stories so tightly that it feels like real life. I love it.

There is on one problem with that. I have to come back out & into reality again.

In the Disney movie Beauty & the Beast; right after Gaston tries to get Belle to marry him she runs off into this field singing. I'm sure like a billion girls on the planet say this but the lyrics are what I feel when I get myself lost in the world of fantasy & have to come back out again.

She sings: "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more then I can bare! And for once it might be grand, to have someone, understand. I want so much more then they've got planned."

That is me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my life. I have a great one. I've been blessed more then I deserve! But sometimes (okay lots of the time) I sit back & think, life would be so fun if I was Katniss Everdeen, or Wanda (Stephanie Myers The Host) or even Hermione Granger. To live in a world that is filled with dangers & magic & things we've never dreamed of. Where good always wins.

Sometimes I hope that when I get to the Celestial Kingdom & gain the skill to build "worlds without number" that I'll be allowed to make worlds with wizards & universes with Jedi. And then I hope I get to go have adventures on them. I'm sure by the time I get to the CK though I'll be smarter then that & want different things.

I don't really know what the point of all this is tonight.  Maybe I just want people to see that I am bigger then they think I am. Though I'm probably the only one who thought I was small in the first place.

They say that life's what you make it. I guess its time for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment