Friday, June 29, 2012

Believe Him

So I was at work today...pretty much all day. And there is a new Senior Guard named Vince. I like working with him a lot, he makes it fun.

Today after the line was done & we sat down and then he asked me the dreaded question. "How old are you?" Ugh can I tell you how much I HATE that question!?! Like a LOT! I know, I know I'm only 24 and young and should not hate that question already but I really don't like remembering that I am almost past my sell-by date as Sister Graves would call it. 

Soo let me tell you something awesome. I'm sitting here writing this, feeling sorry for myself and feeling a little cranky that I am growing/grew up so fast. And then all of the sudden the Spirit was like "Uhhhh no. You are amazing. It doesn't matter that you're 24 and single. Its gonna work out so don't you worry your pretty little head!" Yep thats what the Lord just told me...sooo I decided that I am going to believe Him!

It reminds me of the last day of my mission. I was eating the "last supper" in the mission home with a bunch of Elders & somehow the topic came up about marriage and how some girls go because they aren't married. Its something that I struggled with my whole mission; knowing if I had come out for the right reasons or done it just because I wasn't married. So on the last day of my mission the Lord told me "You didn't come on a mission because you aren't married. You aren't married because I needed you to come on a mission." I'm serious, it was those exact words. The Spirit was strong and peaceful and I'll never forget it.

So I will have to keep reminding myself as I go through this next little bit of life that the Lord is in control. I'm sorry if you get bored with my ramblings about it but you have to know that marriage has always been a main focus in my life.

Just remember people the Lord know's whats best...I mean of course He does. He's God isn't He!? Its time to start trusting Him a little more I think. Give Him the control. I'm not saying that it will be easy. Life rarely ever is; but it will be a whole heck of a lot easier then trying to do it all yourself. I promise.

Plus, Vince was surprised that I was so old, not that I was so young. :)
<3 Becca

1 comment:

  1. The age... yup. I understand. It's crazy! The age I was allowed to go to church dances was a decade ago. I can't believe it.
    The mission... I didn't feel or think for one second that you went because you weren't married. NEVER did I ever feel that from you. I understand the words from the Lord to you.. because that was my thought about you going. I love reading your blog <3

    ReplyDelete