Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week at a Glance

So its been a long week (obviously since I haven't even had time to post) so I'll start at the beginning because its all to good to miss!

Friday: Oh what a good day! In the late morning/early afternoon Lori & I went shopping for summer dresses. She got a fab dress & I couldn't find anything. But its okay because I really don't have the money for a new dress anyway & I already had one at home that I was gonna wear!

Then that night we went to the dance!! I promise you internet world this was like the BEST dance ever! Usually    Lori and I get there first & start dancing because we don't care what anyone thinks we just wanna dance and then people usually don't come over & hang with us. Well we still got there before everyone but this time we decided to go into the middle of everyone instead of on the outside & all our friends came & danced with us & it was just so much fun!  Then there was In-N-Out after wards. Yum! I've missed that place a LOT!

I guess what made Friday night so awesome is maybe for the first time since I've been back I didn't feel like the loser awkward RM! I felt like myself again. It feels good.

Saturday: Not much happened all day long. But this...Sister Scott, from Bangor (my 1st area) added me on Facebook. It was weird to me because I only met her once & she was less-active. But then she wrote this on my wall. "hi sister fisher!! thank you for coming out to teach me last yr, i am now active in the church again in bangor 1st ward, hope all is well for you x" WOW! Talk about a tender mercy! Let this be a lesson to all missionaries (aka every member of the church) no effort is wasted! We tried sooo many times to get into her house & I only managed to once before I got transferred. And now look what has happened. Apparently from that one time we were able to get in more missionaries we able to get in & now she is active! Amazing. No effort is wasted people!  


Monday: Welp the day was pretty long & boring & then my good friend Derek Smith text me and said he was bored too. So at like 9:45 at night we popped by Redbox & got Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides. It was definitely not my favorite of the Pirates movies but it was still okay. After the movie we looked at some of his mission photos on his phone and talked and laughed. Finally at 12:45 Matthew text me & told me it was time to kick Derek out. It was good times. 


Tuesday: Work at the pool. I dove head first into another book. The Host by Stephanie Myers (yep Twilight lady) I've read it before but I'm a speed reader so I like to read books more then once so I can pick up on what I missed when I read it the last time. Anyway...its an awesome book and you should read it if you haven't. 


After work I hung out with my old friend Dan Brown. We went to Yogurtland and then walked around the beach. I put my toes in the Pacific Ocean for the first time in 19 months (maybe longer) and we talked about my mission & caught up. It was fun.


Wednesday (today): Rachel & I helped Mom make caramel corn for church for Father's Day. We made it from scratch and it is super yummy if I do so myself (which I can totally say because Rachel made most of it)


Then we spent about two hours at the dealership for the newest member of the family. Rachel bought a car this week (she doesn't have a name yet) and we had to go her smog checked so we waited for that. Then we  got in to go home & the car wouldn't start. So we waited another hour while they got a new battery. At least all of it was free! 


Then tonight I went on a date with Aaron. We went to Downtown Disney & ate at the Rainforest Cafe & then watched the fireworks from the park! It was fun! Not as awkward as I thought it was gonna be seeing as this was only my second official date since I've been back!


I know that this has turned into a novel practically but its been a fun week & I don't want to forget! 


<3 Becca 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! There were some things on here that I didn't know! Such a good week. Especially that sister from Bangor!!! WoW! I love those tender mercies... So amazing <3

    ReplyDelete