Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Standing Up

I know, I know...I didn't write for like the rest of the entire summer. But don't worry I know exactly what happened while I was away. It went like this:

Work, eat, sleep, repeat for 5 days, GO DANCING, church. Now repeat that for however long its been since I've posted. =]

Anyway, guess what! I am back in Rexburg! Fun right? I think yes. So the semester officially started a week and a half ago. Between classes & work I've been CRAZY busy! I'm literally on campus from 7:45am til about 4:30pm everyday. Its great fun. A nine hour day...makes me feel like I'm back on my mission.

I've got 5 roommates (of course) and they are all under 20. But they keep me from being a stick in the mud & just sitting in my room whenever I actually do get some free time.

I'm trying to think if there is anything else to really tell you...nope not really. I guess I could tell you what classes I've got.

Spanish 201: I don't remember ANYTHING from before my mish...I've started praying for the gift of tongues so I can get through this one. There's also Advertising Principles, Home Decor Sewing, Interior Design annnnddd...wait for it...Events Management! So stoked for Events. We are currently planning a huge game for campus to play near the end of the semester (more details about that later) and I am sooo excited for it. Events are truly my passion.

Oh and I'm working for parking services this semester. So basically I sit in the office & do my homework until someone with a question...or lets be honest a complaint that they got a ticket...comes along & I get to help them. I love it! I know lots of people don't like it when people are all upset and stuff like that but I kind of do. Like today there was this girl who called the office. She was all upset because she got a $50 ticket for parking where she wasn't supposed to park. Long story short she was/is NOT going to pay this ticket and she wanted me to just take it off her account. One I don't have the clearance to do that and two even if I didn't the girl has like 10 previous parking tickets she was not as dumb about parking as she made herself out to be. But also (I'm getting to why I like people yelling at me) it wouldn't be right to just let it go. She did something wrong & she has to pay the consequences, and I love the feeling of being able to stand up for what I know is the right thing! It is such a powerful feeling!

I wish that more people could feel that feeling. I wish I remembered that feeling when it comes to sticking up for my standards sometimes. I think if we all could remember that feeling of power & sound mind (see 2 Tim 1:7) then it wouldn't be so hard sometimes to be different. To say "no I'm not going to do that. I don't think that's right" But that's what being human is I guess. Forgetting those things & only thinking about what others will think of us.

I'm going to make it a goal to always remember the feelings I get when I stand up for what is right when I'm in that critical moment & despite my fears I'm going to stand up for whats right. You're all probably good at this already but feel free to join me! =]

<3 Becca

1 comment:

  1. I read this post last week and LOVED it! I decided to tell you :)
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the situation haha. I can't believe that she would get mad over it... I mean, it's not fun getting tickets.. but if one chose to follow the rules, then they wouldn't be in that situation. YOU TEll 'EM SISTER! <3

    ReplyDelete