Sunday, September 23, 2012

Master the Tempest is Raging

So it has been SUCH a busy weekend! I worked like all day on Friday & then Kenzine, Effie & I went to a dance where we met some boys & then after we hopped in the back of one of their trucks and they took us to the haunted swings & the haunted cabin! It was so much fun! Also one of them (Steven) is super cute & was totally flirting with me.

Then after they invited us to go hiking with them on Saturday. So of course I HAVE to go since there is a cute boy going to be there even though I hate hiking. So I was really scared that I was going to make a fool outta myself & die while trying to climb this mountain. But my roommate Cathy came with us and she was pretty terrified of heights and so it was pretty slippy so she had to stop a lot which was fine with me & then when we got to the top & it was flat I was walking around that mountain like a boss. LOL The boys were pretty impressed with me. But Steven wasn't as flirtatiousness as Friday night but I decided that its fine.

Church was good today. I taught in Mission Prep call because I am an Assistant Ward Mission Leader! I am so excited for this calling! I've been assigned a companion and she & I are actually going to teach the lessons to one of the apartments in our ward! I'm so stoked for it!

Tonight we went Stadium Singing. I haven't done that in AGES! And I am glad that I did.

We sang this song & while we were the Spirit touched me how the words of this song are what the Lord has done for me!


105
Master, the Tempest Is Raging

1. Master, the tempest is raging!
The billows are tossing high!
The sky is o’ershadowed with blackness.
No shelter or help is nigh.
Carest thou not that we perish?
How canst thou lie asleep
When each moment so madly is threat’ning
A grave in the angry deep?

[Chorus]
The winds and the waves shall obey thy will:
Peace, be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
Or demons or men or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, be still; peace, be still.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, peace, be still.

2. Master, with anguish of spirit
I bow in my grief today.
The depths of my sad heart are troubled.
Oh, waken and save, I pray!
Torrents of sin and of anguish
Sweep o’er my sinking soul,
And I perish! I perish! dear Master.
Oh, hasten and take control!

3. Master, the terror is over.
The elements sweetly rest.
Earth’s sun in the calm lake is mirrored,
And heaven’s within my breast.
Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
Leave me alone no more,
And with joy I shall make the blest harbor
And rest on the blissful shore.





1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was when you were walking "like a boss," at the top :) HAHA!
    This song IS beautiful. I miss your singing <3

    ReplyDelete