Monday, October 1, 2012

In His Hands

So I've been meaning to write this entry for sometime but I've just been to lazy. Sad but true.

Anyway, I have been thinking a lot lately about my life right now and trying to see the Lord's hand more in my life. Surprisingly its been really easy to do that recently.

I don't know why it continues to surprise me that the Lord is going to give me exactly what i need to learn & grow & be happy & become more like Him as long as that is the desire of my heart.

So you know how I told you that all of my roommates are under 20? Weeeelll to be completely honest I wasn't all that happy about that when I first found out. I had every intention of going out and making other friends who were my age and/or just sitting in my room sulking the whole semester.

But, as usual, the Lord knew best. My roommates are the BEST! I cannot tell you how much each of them have been exactly what I needed at this time in my life. They don't even know the things that they have helped me to overcome! They all have such a strong Spirit and makes me want to be a better person when I am around them.

AND since the Lord never does things halfway not only has He given me the exact roommates that I need but He has also given us the exact friends that I need. I cannot tell you how many times we have been sitting in our apartment and one of our friends says the exact things that I need to hear at the exact time I need to hear it.

Maybe no one else can understand this post buuuttt to sum up I am grateful to the Lord for knowing & giving me what I need to grow the best rather then giving me what I want and/or think will help me grow. I'm am grateful that He knows me better then I know myself. Trusting Him & putting my life in His hands makes things so much easier.

So when things aren't going the way you think they should just remember...That's where faith comes in.

<3 Becca


1 comment:

  1. Aw... so sweet. I'm so happy for you. I love that you admitted how you felt at the beginning. We're human! I love the Lord. I love how everything works the way it was meant to. I love how Heavenly Father knew your needs already! And He already had a plan figured out. I think about that all the time! Everything works out. We'll find out why now, or later. I love it <3

    ReplyDelete